Friday, June 29, 2012

A Walk Down Memory Lane.....

Today I was going through an old box when I cam across a bunch of old photos. I sat and looked through them one by one...smiling the whole time... I needed that. I want to share a few with you...I know this is not anything frugal living related, so don't feel obligated to look at it. These pictures and the memories tied to them just hold a special place in my heart. I figured what better place to store a copy of them then on another place close to my heart, my blog. If you do choose to scroll through them, I hope you enjoy.


One of the first pictures I came across were ones of my mama and papa (my grandparents). The best by far any child could ask for. My papa passed away November 21, 2004 after losing his battle to cancer. He set the bar high for any man after him who entered my life! That is for sure. I am VERY blessed to still have my Mama. I would be lost without her! They were married for 57 years. If ever I look for marriage advice I look to them... My husband nor my boys never got the pleasure of meeting him... However both of my boys were blessed with a part of him. They both have his beautiful, amazing, bright blue eye. Something he and they are known for. ( I have green and my husband has brown.)


This next picture put a smile on my face..
This is me on 50s Day (something my school did each year).
My mom went all out as you can tell haha. My other grandma made this skirt for me. =]


This is my father and his mother and father, my grandparents.
I thought this was the neatest picture! I just love old photos!


This is me of course. =] When I was little! Being my uncles little
model for his photography business.


My mother is probably going to kill me for this one!  haha
This is me and my mommy and daddy!


My beautiful Mommy.


My Daddy.

That is all for now. =] Feel free to chat with me below in the comments or leave your favorite childhood memory! I would love to hear from you! =]

No comments: