Friday, June 15, 2012

DIY: Hand Impressions



*Update, It takes a few days for it to harden! =]


I originally saw this on The Imagination Tree. With Father's Day on Sunday I thought this would make the perfect gift. =] Not only is it easy but EXTREMELY frugal. I love frugal. Here is what you will need:


1 cup Flour
1 cup Salt
1/2 cup Water
Mixing Bowl
Baking Sheet
I already had all of it. =]
Preheat oven to  about 200 degrees F or 100 degrees C.
First you mix the Flour and Salt. Then add the water..give or take some. Then knead until you have a nice smooth dough.

 Roll into a ball.
Roll out your ball.
Make you impressions. ( I did the boys hands.)
After that I took a skewer I had and wrote the date and put a heart on it.
I also want to try painting their hands before the make there impressions. To give it some color.
After bake for 3 hours.
Let cool and that is it. How simple! I hope you enjoy. My boys loved doing it! Stay frugal!


No comments: