Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ashton's Cars Themed Party. Recipes Included!

This Saturday was Ashton's 4th Birthday Party. We had to hold it off till the move was over. This year he picked out a Disney Cars theme and it was up to Mommy to make it happen! So I went to work about a month ahead of time planning.
First thing on my list was invites!I always make my own. I just feel like it is something special they can save ad put away in their keepsake box and it makes them a little more personal! =] Here is how they turned out this year. I got the idea from a simple google search and then made it my own. =]
Next on the agenda was decorations! Birthday Express is always my go to source and Walmart for party supplies. Along with making a few of my own. I also was sure to use coupons from Cheap Sally to save, and I did! I added the coupons below for you. =]
Powered by CheapSally.com
Here are few pictures of the decorations.


Mator Party Hats! MY FAV!


I got this idea from Pinterest (source unknown).
I just printed them like photos at Walmart and taped them.


Next on the Agenda was FOOODD! Below are picture of what he had.
Just click on the pic for the recipe!

Photo obtained from link. I added Graham Crackers and Vanilla Wafers. =]

Pinned Image
Photo obtained from link. I used Frank's Sweet Chili Sauce. These were gone FAST!
Photo obtained from link. I replaced the "Uncle Bubba's Fry Mix" with Hooters Fry Mix, found at Walmart and Hidden Valley Southwest for dipping!
Pinned Image
Photo obtained from link. This was the biggest hit!! I am not going to link you but
I got it from PlainChicken.com. It does something weird when you go to their site so I will just give you the recipe from the site.
1 unsliced loaf of (round is preferable) sourdough bread
8-12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
3 oz bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon bits
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix

Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut through the bottom crust. Place slices of cheese in between cuts. Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get in between cuts. Mix together butter and Ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread. Wrap in foil the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.


Finally we had my momma's cheese ball recipe! MMMM good and Chips and Dip
Here is the recipe:
3 8oz. packets of cream cheese
3/4 of a bag of shredded cheddar cheese
2 bundles of green onions, chopped. I use a slap chop.
2 small packets of "Budding" brand beef, chopped. I use a slap chop.
Mix Well. Roll into a ball and serve with Ritz crackers! EASY! =]
Last on the list was the cake. I usually grab one from Walmart but they were booked solid. So we turned to Krogers. It turned out adorable and taste ammmazzinng!
And last but not least of course the Birthday Boy. My baby is 4. :(
If you have any questions or comments please leave them below! =] I love to hear from you!

No comments: