Friday, June 1, 2012

Recipe: Cheaters Chicken BBQ



So I saw this idea on The Girl Who Ate Everything Blog on how to shred chicken easily. Well I took it a little further and turned it into a recipe/how to. Well sorta. This is probably the easiest meal I have made! So simple but looks like you spent hours.. Shhhh no one needs to know you didn't!

Here is what you need:
Chicken (I had 2 lbs. of Boneless/Skinless Tenderloins)
Vegetable Oil
Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
Hamburger Buns
Hand Mixer
Aluminum Foil

First cut your chicken into fairly large cubes.

Throw them in a skillet and add a little Vegetable Oil (or oil of your choice.)

Cook the chicken until it is about 80% done (when it starts to turn from white to brown.)

Throw the chicken into a bowl.


(Sorry for the poor quality picture. I took it with my dinosaur phone.)

Here comes the fun part, well for me ha.

Grab your hand mixer and place a piece of aluminum foil over the bowl. This will keep your chicken from flying everywhere... mine may or may not have done that. haha Careful not to suck the foil up in your mixer....I did....


(Sorry for the poor quality picture. I took it with my dinosaur phone.)

Turn on the mixer and it will start to shed the chicken. It took me about 5 minutes to get it how I liked it. You can be the judge.

Throw shredded chicken back in the skillet with a little Vegetable Oil.



Finish cooking the chicken (till it is a little brown.)

Add you favorite BBQ sauce. I used a whole bottle.


Mix well.

Heat up in skillet.

Finally throw you hamburger buns in the toaster.

Make your sandwich and serve.



That is it! Your done. So simple, right? I served mine with cream corn and it was a hit! My husband LOVED it and it looked liked I spent hours. =] Happy Cooking! Be sure to repin if you like it!


No comments: