Saturday, April 7, 2012

DIY: Mason Jar Soap Dispenser



I have seen this craft done a few times and wanted to try it out myself. I am very happy with how it turned out! It will go perfect with my country decor in my new bathroom!

Here is what you need:

Mason Jar AND Lid
Screw Driver
Hammer
Paint (if you choose)
Ribbon (if yo choose)
Soap Dispenser Top ( I took one off a old soap dispenser). You cold also use one off the little plastic bottles you get from the store.


First clean out your jar.



Next place your lid on and hammer a hole big enough for your dispenser to fit through with a screw driver. BE CAREFUL. I had to make my hole rather large.




Next you want to take your hot glue gun and go around the hole on the bottom of the lid. This will cover up all sharp edges and hold the dispenser in place.




Like this. =]




Next, trim the bottom of the dispenser to fit your jar.





Finally, I painted my lid and added a cute little ribbon. You do not have to do this. It took several coats of paint. Add your soap and screw on the lid and DONE.



Enjoy and stay frugal.

5 comments:

toilet plumbing said...

Depending on the installation required, the in-sink soap dispenser can cost more than $1,500. Once installed, the under-sink bottle reduces counter clutter and refills easily through the screw-off pump top.

Amanda said...

This is really cute! I have tons of Mason Jars and the kids just recently broke my soap dispenser! I am going to do this!! Thanks!

Melody0605 said...

Adorable! What in the world is the first comment about? lol

HB the Cupcake Princess said...

I have been thinking about making one of these!

Jacqui Odell said...

Such a good idea. Especially if your kids have their own bathroom. They could decorate the jar the way the wanted to!