Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DIY: Ice Packs



I have seen this floating around all over the Internet and had to try it for myself and of course share it with you all! How frugal because you likely already have everything on hand! Here is what you need:

Quart Freezer Bag ( I used the ones with the zipper. I thought they would hold better. )
6 Cups Of Water
2 Cups Of Rubbing Alcohol
Few Drops Food Coloring (optional)

Put the water and alcohol into the bag. I added food coloring to make them fun for the kids. Try to get the air out as best you can. Zip and freeze. Done! How easy! Pin it if you like it!

I saw one mom made fabric pouches to put them in. I defiantly think I am going to get out the ol sewing machine and whip some up!

FYI: The alcohol allows the bag to freeze but not sold so you can manipulate it. To cool. :)
Note: if they get to hard add more alcohol....to mushy more water. :)

No comments: