Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Faceook Starts Charging! It has hit MSMAP! :(

Last week I posted a link to an article about Facebook charging page owners to "promote" their status updates. I assumed the change would be slow going, similar to "Timeline", but it has already his the MSMAP Fan Page. Today while posting a link/status, a window popped up, showing me their new "Promoting Feature." I clicked it and this is what I saw....


Now in order for my status updates, deals, photos, freebies, and more to reach all my fans I must pay! This "promote" button is now on the bottom of ALL my post! Along with an estimate of the percentage of fans that are seeing my post without it, which is sadly only about 6%! I say SHAME ON YOU FACEBOOK for going back on your word. You "claimed" to always be free. This is not FREE.  It order for ALMOST all my fans to see my post I must pay $20.... For fan pages with a fan base of 20,000 even 40,000 even 100,000 I would hate to see your charge!! I think this was a bad move on Facebook's part and I see it hurting them ALOT! I fear fan pages will slowly become extinct. I mean what is the point if no one can see what we post? Facebook I think your about to become another Myspace.... bye bye.

As for all my fans no worries! Make sure you sign up for my email subscriptions found on the right side bar so you never miss a post! Also follow me on Twitter and Pinterest so you never miss a photo or update! I am here to stay!

So what do you think of Facebook's new move? Bad or Good? Leave your feedback below!


1 comment:

Tammy said...

That sucks! I haven't posted anything yet but I bet it has hit me too! Dang it Facebook!