Monday, May 7, 2012

Beachy/Messy/Wavy Hair Trick. EASY!



So I originally got this idea from...where else? You guessed it! PINTEREST. Ok, so I am a little obsessed. Please note I am NOT a styling expert by any means. What so ever. Style at your own risk. =] Anyways....Oh So Pretty The Diaries Blog shares her own tutorial as well. However I did it a little different and I also have medium length hair, not long. My hair is also naturally straight/frizz ball/thick. I do not know how it would do with other types of hair but it literally took me like 10 minutes so give it a shot. It is not like it is a HUGE waste of time. =]


So here is how I got the look (picture above).

1. First divide your hair into parts. I probably divided mine into about 8-10. *Hold the hair that you are not working with up in a hair tie.

2. Next, take the strand you are working with and brush it out and begin to twist it. Twist it fairly tight BUT not so tight it bunches up. I also experimented with loose twist. You can decided which works/looks best for you.


3. Then, spray lightly with hair spray.

4. Next, grab your straightener and go down the twist in sections. DO NOT pull the straightener down. Lift it up and move down to the next section.Hold for a few seconds. I held for about 30 seconds.


(I apologize for the poor quality picture. It is very hard to take a picture of YOURSELF doing your hair haha.)

5. Once you have ran the straightener down the whole twist let it go and lightly spray again. Do not mess with it. Let it set while you work on the rest of your hair.

6. Once you have repeated the above steps with each strand run your fingers through your hair.


7. Finally touch up any pieces you need to and spray with hairspray. I played around with my hair for a bit till I thought it looked right.


This all took me about 10 min. Oh, and just a note...My hair was a MESS before hand. I had been out all day with it in a pony tail. Well go give it a shot! Happy Styling!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks good! Super easy and perfect for summer...

Anonymous said...

Hey there exceptional website! Does running a blog similar to this take a large
amount of work? I've absolutely no knowledge of programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, if you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is off topic but I just had to ask. Kudos!

Check out my web blog; voyance ()