Sunday, July 1, 2012

Recipe: Copycat Fried Pickles

You all asked for it so here it is....the copycat fired pickles recipe! I got the orginal recipe/idea from Paula Dean. Love me some Paula Dean. =] I just tweeked it a bit and made it a bit easier to save all you mommas some time!
Here is what you need:
Vegetable Oil (Enough to submurge pickles)
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup Hot Sauce ( I use Franks Red Hot)
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
A Jar of Kosher Dill Pickles (very thinly sliced is best!)
1 bag Hooter's Wing Fry Mix (Found at Walmart)
Take your jar of pickles and drain all the juice into the sink. Next, fill your jar back up with a 1/2 cup of buttermilk, 1/2 cup of hot sauce, and 1 tsp. of garlic powder. Let marinade for at least 30 minutes. This was Ms. Paula Deans idea. ;)

Next, empty your bag of Hooter's Wing Fry Mix into a large bowl. Drain your marinaded pickles again and put them in the fry mix. Use a fork to flip them around and make sure each pickle is coated well on both sides and none are stuck together. I myself take a paper plate and make sure each pickle is coated well then place it on the plate.
Fianlly, fry them up. Use either a skillet (make sure pickles are submurged in vegetable oil) or you can use a fryer if you have one. Fry for 5 minutes or until crispy! I usually wait for them to float then leave them in a minute or two longer.

Now to make your dipping sauce. I used some Hidden Valley Ranch mixed with Frank's Red Hot Sauce, add hot sauce until the ranch becomes a light orange in color. They also sell Hidden Valley Southwest sauce but I liked the ranch, hot sauce mixture better.

Now serve right away and ENJOY! Let me know below if you plan to try this recipe! =] Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

Tara said...

My 13 year old son would LOVE these! He is a pickle freak LOL