Thursday, March 1, 2012

Make Your Own Baby Wipes



So I found this make your on baby wipes recipe on where else.....PINTEREST..of course. So I HADE to try it. I must say it was so easy and frugal! I had most of the items already...score! I did have to purchase the container. I suggest you purchase a TALL one. My roll was a little tall and had to be trimmed. The original poster suggest a 4 quart container by Mainstays found at WalMart. I also purchased some cute stickers in the crafting section and some paint. Had to make it cute. =]


*Original poster "Wanting What You Have".

Here is what you need:

  • 2 ½ cups hot water
  • 2 T baby bath (I use generic)
  • 2 T baby oil (if your children are sensitive to mineral oil, substitute coconut or vegetable oil)
  • Cutting board, serrated bread knife, quart-sized measuring cup, measuring spoons



Step 1- Cute paper towel roll in half. I used Bounty Super Roll. I needed hubby's help with this. I am weak haha. I thought I may pass out.

Step 2- Place half roll in container (cut side down).


Step 3- Mix oil, baby wash, and hot water.


Step 4- Pour mixture over roll

Step 5- Place lid on container flip upside down for 5 minutes.

Step 6- Flip back over, open, remove cardboard, an pull from the middle to start.


DONE! EASY!
NOTE FROM ORIGINAL POSTER, READ:

Because these wipes have no chemical additives or preservatives, mold is a possibility, especially in warm weather. Be sure to keep the wipes tightly closed, and store in a cool area, away from direct sunlight. Adding 4 drops of tea tree oil (a natural antiseptic) to the liquid mixture helps deter mold. Interestingly enough, I only had a problem with mold when I was using Huggies unscented baby bath. When I switched back to generic, scented baby bath, my problem went away. I suspect that the small amount of alcohol in perfumed baby bath helps to inhibit mold growth.

Well that is it. Hope you enjoyed! Stay frugal!

No comments: